This historical building is dated back to 1200. The house is completely restored and offers all comforts of modern living while preserving the charm of typical Italian architecture and its history. It is a 4 bedroom apartment located inside an ancient and glorious building in old town Rieti. It is at the centre of an area with numerous facilities. Few steps away we have "Rieti Cathedral" and the city center. Coffees, restaurants, shops, galleries, banks, ATMs, pharmacies, municipal and post offices are nearby.
This is a classic Italian historical layout with different angles and high ceilings. We have an elegant entrance with a living room, dinner room and modern kitchen. On the right side is the sleeping area. 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The unit has different lovely furniture that can be sold with the apartment and an independent heating and cooling system.
Rieti is a town and comune in Lazio, central Italy and it is the administrative seat of the province of Rieti and see of the diocese of Rieti, as well as the modern capital of the Sabina region.
The town centre stands on a small hilltop, commanding from the southern edge the wide Rieti valley, at the bottom of the Sabine hills and of monti Reatini, including mount Terminillo. The plain was once a large lake, drained by the ancient Romans, and is now the fertile basin of the Velino River. Only the small Ripasottile and Lungo lakes remain of the larger original.
According to the legend, Reate was founded by Rea, a divinity (that would be the origin of the town name). It was founded at the beginning of the Iron Age (9th–8th century BC).
The ancient Sabine and Roman city was crowded with buildings, including baths (thermae). Only scarce remains were found during excavations in the 19th and 20th century: the foundations of a large temple, the stone floor of the main square (forum), walls from private houses, concrete vaults, statues and pottery items. The most striking remains are the stone bridge across the Velino river and the viaduct.
Piazza San Rufo is traditionally considered to be the exact centre of Italy (Latin Umbilicus Italiae).
Other sights include:
Rieti Cathedral: Construction started in 1109 over a pre-existing basilica, was consecrated in 1225 and almost entirely rebuilt in 1639. It has a stunning Romanesque bell tower from 1252. The entrance portico leads to a 13th-century portal. The interior, on a Latin cross plan with one nave and two aisles, has mainly Baroque decorations, including a St. Barbara sculpted by Giannantonio Mari (1657), probably designed by Bernini. Antoniazzo Romano contributed a fresco. It also houses canvases from the 16th and 17th centuries. The crypt corresponds to the most ancient part of the church, consecrated in 1157. The Baptistery has an elegant 15th-century baptismal font.
Palazzo Vescovile ("Bishops Palace" or "Papal Palace"): Construction begun in 1283. Noteworthy are the loggia and eight Renaissance-style windows from 1532. The lower floor is occupied by the so-called "Volte del Vescovado", a great portico with two naves of Gothic arcades. The Grand Hall houses the Diocese Gallery.
Vaults of Palazzo Vescovile, also known as the Papal Palace.
Palazzo Comunale ("Town Hall", 13th century, rebuilt in the 18th century), facing Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, a square corresponding to the ancient Roman forum. The Palace houses the town museum (Museo Civico di Rieti) which hosts works by Antoniazzo Romano, Antonio Canova, Bertel Thorwaldsen.
Palazzo del Governo, with a noble loggia from 1596.
Bishop's Arch, a bridge built by Boniface VIII.
San Pietro Martire - church of St. Peter Martyr (13th century), with luxurious golden Baroque decorations. It has a Presentation of Christ to the Temple by Giovanni Battista Gaulli.
Palazzo Vicentini, attributed to Giuliano da Sangallo the Younger.
Walls of Rieti; Walls date from the first half of the 13th century, with characteristic rounded and square towers.
Sant'Agostino: 13th century Gothic-style church restored in the 18th century). The portal has a fresco of Madonna with Child and Saints Augustine and Nicholas (1354) of Sienese school.
San Francesco: church begun in 1245, radically restored in 1636). The interior has a single nave. The original frescoes from the 14th-15th centuries depicting scenes from the life of St. Francis and the Virgin and Child are now in the Diocese Museum and in the Palazzo Vescovile.
Teatro Flavio Vespasiano is the city's theater and opera house, built in the late 19th century.
Palazzo Vecchiarelli: late Renaissance palace designed by Carlo Maderno.
Sant'Antonio al Monte: 15th century monastery and church
Also interesting are the sights in the Lake Lungo and Ripasottile Natural Preserve, and the Mount Terminillo.
No information available
No information available
No information available